Searching for a new home can be exciting yet can also be somewhat intimidating at the same time. Your ultimate experience will depend on how well prepared you are. Use the resources below to find advice along with some questions you’ll need to answer for yourself as you start the process.
When you’re ready to begin your search turn to Craven & Company Realtors®. We have over 30 years of experience as the premier real estate firm in Concord, NC with knowledgeable, local Craven & Company Sales Associates available to provide you with the helpful service you need to make your dream home a reality.
Buying a home is an exciting time in one’s life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. Our services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. For your convenience, we also provide listings by email. We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
* Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
* Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
* Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
* Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
* Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
* Identify important features you need your new home to have.
* Financial professionals can help you with all of these decisions. There are many great mortgage brokers, and Craven & Company Realtors recommends these.
Closing Costs to Expect:
* Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
* Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
* Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
* Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
Your Realtor and your financial professional will be able to closely estimate what your closing costs will be.